SKIN CANCER CLINIC MOUNT MARTHA
APPOINTMENTS AND FEES
What will happen during your appointment
Your appointment will take 15-20 minutes. We undertake a full evaluation and skin check. This includes taking a background history to asses your risk of skin cancer and discussing any previous skin cancer issues. After this we undertake a full skin check. Please ensure you:
- Wear comfortable clothing that can easily be removed
- Avoid wearing make up, fake tan or nail polish if possible.
SKIN CANCER CLINIC MOUNT MARTHA – Top to toe skin check
After your evaluation at MP SKIN CHECK your doctor will perform a top to toe full body check using a skin microscope. If required, moles that have any unusual features will be photographed for future comparison.
Any suspicious lesions will trigger a plan of treatment, which usually involves a biopsy. Simple biopsies or treatments such as liquid nitrogen (freezing) may be treated in the same appointment. Most people have an ‘all clear’ check and a reminder is then set for the next routine full body check (usually in about 1 year).
Children’s skin checks – Children are welcome but usually have a very low risk of showing any signs of skins cancer. We recommend regular skin checks starting from late teens or early adulthood.
SKIN CANCER CLINIC MOUNT MARTHA – FEES
At MP SKIN CHECK part of the costs of our skin checks are covered by Medicare (for valid medicare card holders).
Online Medicare rebate claiming available – To provide you with your Medicare rebate please provide your banking details you have registered with Medicare.
Valid Medicare Card Holders:
- Standard consultation – Pay on day fee $120 – $37.05 Medicare rebate = Cost to you $82.95
- Long consultation – Pay on the day fee $160 – $71.70 Medicare rebate = Cost to you $88.30
Valid Health Care Card and Pension Card Holders:
- Standard consultation – Pay on the day $85 – $37.05 Medicare rebate = Cost to you $47.95
- Long consultation – Pay on the day fee $125 – Medicare rebate $71.50 = Cost to you $53.30
PROCEDURE FEES (if required)
Procedure fees are based on the time taken/needed to perform your procedure.
Valid Medicare Card Holders:
- After the Medicare rebate most patients will pay between $80 to $220 for their procedure.
- Please note $220 is the maximum capped fee for procedures.
Valid Health Care Card and Pension Card holders:
- After the rebate most patients will pay between $50 to $125 for their procedure.
- Please note $125 is the maximum capped fee for procedures.
IMPORTANT NOTE – If you notice changes to your skin, it does not necessarily mean that you have skin cancer. I recommend you visit a skin cancer specialist to have any of your spots investigated further. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the clinic – Dr Kristy Edwards
Skin Cancer Clinic Mount Martha – Our Doctors see patients for skin checks from all over Melbourne including Mornington, Safety Beach, Dromana, Moorooduc, Mount Eliza, Somerville, Frankston South, Frankston, Langwarrin South, Mount Martha and Hastings.